Monday, February 8, 2016

Coffee Table Makeover




          Happy Monday!

                 Hope you had a lovely weekend.
                       Last week I found this pedestal table
                         at a thrift shop. I had been looking for
                       for awhile and although this one isn't
                     fancy I was happy to get it for $20.
                         It was a kitchen table but my husband
                    cut down the pedestal for me and I
                      gave it a couple of coats of Rockport
                       Grey paint that was leftover from the
                            walls in our family room where the table
                            is. This room is still a work in progress.
                           We did get the two new grey chairs that
                               you see in the photo. I am keeping my eye
                             out next for a fireplace surround/mantel.


                                                                       A pretty bouquet of red tulips
                                                                       give some cheerful color to the room.

It is cold here today so tea by
the fire is lovely.


                        Black and white transferware
                                       tea cup....a souvenir from Kings Landing
                              New Brunswick several years ago.
                                                                   I plan to distress the edges a little on the
                                                                   table and give it a coat of clear wax.

                               A few more pieces of transferware.




                                                                    I forgot to take a photo of the
                                                                    table before my husband cut off the
                                                                    leg but you can see the color it was.



               So, that was our little project for the day.

Today I am joining Metamorphosis Monday

Thank you for stopping by,

Carolyn

15 comments:

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Looks nice Carolyn. Love the birdie pillow! :)

Neuer Gartentraum said...

Sehr hübsch!
Gruß, Anette

Brenda Pruitt said...

Oh Carolyn, it's beautiful!
Brenda

O meu pensamento viaja said...

Such a lovely table, dear Carolyn!
Hugs
Nina

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Well done, Carolyn! That room has really been changing, eh?

YOu did a great job with painting that table! Looks great there and I like the simple but elegant styling you've given it with that wintry silver tray.

But-oh-my-golly I absolutely *adore* that winter birdie pillow! CUTENESS!!!

Have a wonderful week full of love! ♥♥♥

20 North Ora said...

Carolyn - I love your coffee table. Your grays are gorgeous.

Judy

Elzie said...

I love those tables. At work we have a Lovely table that they are going to through away as we, the workers, aren't able to buy them. I Think it's terrible to just get rid of things instead of using them again!! I would love to have that table at our sofa.
Have a nice day.
Love Elzie

Shortbread and Ginger said...

I love the table! The cups and saucers are just gorgeous!
Liz

White Lace and Promises said...

I love every inch of this room! Absolutely beautiful and what I am leaning towared these days! Love the table! I don't have a handy man who can do that! I'm looking for just a big square one to repaint!

Pamela Gordon said...

I love the whole room Carolyn! The table came out beautifully and looks so nice with your new chairs. The pop of red is nice. Are you snowed in yet? Enjoy your cozy family room.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

You found a lovely table, Carolyn! It's nice that your hubby could cut it down for you. I love a round coffee table myself and I've had one for many, many years. It was walnut and it got a new look which I like. It always amazes me what a can of paint can do. Keep cozy!

Blessings,
Sandi

Garden Fancy said...

It's great to be able to make just what you want out of inexpensive items, and the result is a personalized house that reflects you and your family. You room is looking very nice -- especially with all the lovely black and white transferware. I look forward to seeing the other changes you make in the future. Thanks for sharing your projects! -Beth

podso said...

Good job on the table! And I love all the grey. Your chair on the right is very similar to one I have from my parents. It all looks wonderful.

living from glory to glory said...

Hello, What a good idea, to even think of cutting the base of a kitchen table and making a coffee table from it! I think the grays look so rich and elegant!
I also think that pillow was so cute with the birds on them, I made myself an apron out of the sweetest fabric with Birds on it!
I do hope you are doing well and may you have a wonderfully sweet Valentines Day... Love, Roxy

Dimple Santiago said...

You have such a very beautiful place. Great job on the makeover! :)

Tagaytay properties | Nuvali